1. The Organizing Committee,
supported by the Bela Ladinia/Val di Fassa, organizes the
Sellaronda Skimarathon, a ski mountaineering competition
that takes place at night. The racetrack is in the biggest connected ski area of the world the DOLOMITI SUPERSKI and runs along the world-famous
slopes of the Sellaronda, passing through the Dolomites passes
of the Campolongo, Pordoi, Sella and Gardena and the villages
of Corvara /Alta Badia, Arabba/Livinallongo, Canazei/Val
di Fassa and Selva/Valgardena.
Date: the race will take place on FRIDAY 25. march 2022 at 6.00 p.m., with start and finish in Corvara/Alta Badia.
Look on entries
3. Time limits. The maximum
time-limit to complete the race is fixed in 6 hours and
Arabba/Fodom: 1.25 hours
Canazei/Val di Fassa 3.00 hours
Selva/Valgardena: 4.30 hours
NEW: Rifugio Panorama: 5.35 hours
Finish: Corvara/Alta Badia: 6.20 hours
Time-limits will be calculated on the start of the first
group (6.00 p.m.)!
Teams exceeding the maximal settled time-limits will be excluded from the prosecution of the race. The organization will arrange transport of the disqualified teams back to the start.
4. Compulsory equipment for each team:
Skis: 2 pairs of mountaineering-skis of 160 cm of minimum length (150 cm for women) with safety toes, heel and front bindings;
Boots: 2 pairs of mountaineering-ski boots (no cross-country or other boots admitted);
Sealskins: 3 pairs (a spare one per team);
Helmets: 2 to be worn for the whole race, conforming to the ENI 12492 or U.I.A.A.106 norms. The use of MTB helmets is forbidden;
Front lamps: 2 working front lamps fixed on the helmets;
Backpacks: 2 (min. 20l each) with the race bibs sticked on;
Thermal cloth: 2 (one for each athlete).
1 CELL PHONE (SMARTPHONE with GPS-application on):
it must be on for the whole race. The phone number must be written on the entry form. Checking will be done during the race and at the finish.
Clothing: (to be carried
in the backpack):
- 2 windbreaker jackets (primaloft, softshell or down jacket).
WHAT'S NEW IN 2017:
2 SINGLE LAYER JACKETS (MINIMUM: Wind-breaker)
All 4 jackets must be long sleeves.
- 2 pairs of shell-pants
- 2 extra pair of mittens
The clothing required has to be of the athletes' size.
Checking of the equipment by the international jury at the finish - immediate disqualification.
The organization will impose the athletes to wear the jacket and the shell-pants from the start or in case of need, depending on the weather conditions.
5. Race bibs: they must be placed on the right leg and on the backpack, perfectly visible.
6. Change over areas: Skins can be changed only in the designated areas without external help. The change over areas must be left together as a team only. Support to the competitors is only allowed outside the change over zones. Fixed and mobile check points will be set up along the race route, the race bibs of the athletes breaking this rule will be signaled by the international jury for their immediate disqualification.
7. Abandoning of equipment or rubbish: it is absolutely forbidden to throw rubbish or leave equipment outside the change areas. Immediate disqualification.
8. Race route: it will be signaled by means of flags, reflecting tape, flashing and torch lights.
9. Mutual help: team members must march close to each other for the whole competition, keeping at a distance of no more than 20m. In case of need, team members must help each other, providing help to other team’s members too, in case of need.
10. Withdrawal from the race: of the team. Prosecution of the race by one athlete only is strictly forbidden. It is compulsory to communicate one’s withdrawal from the competition at the nearest skins changing area or to staff members along the racetrack, whatever the reason. The organization will arrange the transportation of the athletes back to the start area.
11. Cancellation: should the weather conditions be dangerous for the participants and for the organization, the International Jury has the unquestionable authority to change the route, suspend, put off or cancel the competition at any time. Should the competition be cancelled or postponed, the registration fee would not be refund.
The team who withdraws from the competition within 15 days before the race, on request, can have a 70 % refund of the entry fee. After this date, no refunds will be possible.
12. Minimum Age: All partecipants must be 18 years old by the day of the race.
13. Privacy: In accordance with the current law on privacy, art.13 of D.Lgs. 196/2003 and GDPR Reg.Gen.on the protection of data – Reg.-EU2016/679, the treatment of personal information for each participant is necessary to compile and publish the list of competitors starting, the final ranking, as well as for security reasons during the race. Each participant authorizes the management to use personal data for organizational means regarding the SELLARONDA SKIMARATHON race, in addition he/she authorizes the management to publish and distribute photographic images and videos shot during the race as promotional material on the main communication channels, including the web, magazines and television channels.
14. Liability: the race entry relieves the Organizing Committee of civil and criminal liability for any damage that may occur to people or property before, during and after the competition or in relation to it.
The Organizing Committee declares that it has taken out an insurance against civil liability for risks related to the organization of the competition.
Participants are not covered by insurance!